Why “go global?”
- Offset sales declines in the domestic market
- Increase sales and profits
- Lower manufacturing and product costs
- Improve competitive position
- Raise quality levels
- Become more customer-oriented
Before going global, ask:
- Is there a profitable foreign market in which our firm has the potential to be successful over the long run?
- Do we have and are we willing to commit adequate resources of time, people, and capital to a global campaign?
- Are we considering going global for the right reasons?
- Do we understand the cultural differences, history, economics, value systems, opportunities, and risks of conducting business in the countries we are considering?
- Is there a viable exit strategy for our company if conditions change or the new venture is not successful?
- Can we afford not to go global?